Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ for Student Participants
- Does my student have to audition? No, your student does not have to audition in order to participate in the production. However, if he/she would like to be considered for a speaking role then they will need to audition. Every student that registers will be cast in the production.
- What does my student have to prepare for the audition? Each student should come prepared with 16 bars or 30 seconds of a song in the style of the musical. A Disney song is also acceptable. Please bring a phone or CD for your accompaniment. We will not be providing a pianist.
- Do I have to register before auditions? Yes. You do need to register before auditions. Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email that will have a link to sign up for an audition time. They will also not be put on the cast list until tuition is paid in full.
- Can I get a refund if my student doesn’t get the part that they want? We will not issue refunds after the cast list has been posted.
- Do I have to volunteer? We need parent volunteers to help run the production. However, if you are unable to provide your 6 hours of mandatory volunteer time, you can pay a higher registration fee per student.
- What does the registration fee cover? Putting on a production is very costly. We take every effort to keep the registration fee as low as possible. To help clarify this, we want to let you know some of the things that it covers. The registration fee covers costumes, rehearsal time, rights for the production, microphones and sound equipment, Directors and Production Manager, sets, props, etc.
- What if my student can’t make all the rehearsals? We understand that there will be conflicts in your student’s schedule. It is very important to list all of those on the conflict calendar at the time of auditions.
- Can my 1st or 2nd grader be in the production? While we love the 1st and 2nd graders, we have found that they don’t have the attention span to concentrate and focus during rehearsals. We are not able to provide enough staff to work with them. However, at some schools, if you would like your student to participate, you may still register them as long as a parent stays with them during all of their scheduled rehearsals. Talk to your Production Manager or your principal to see if your school allows this.
- What if I miss the parent meeting? We will post everything that you need to know on our website. If you have any questions, please contact you Production Manager. Their contact information is listed in the information section under your school.
- What if I know that my student will not be able to make the audition but wants a speaking role? If your student is not able to make it to the auditions, you will need to contact your Production Manager to schedule another time for them to audition.
- Do I have to Volunteer 6 hours per student? No, we value your time as a parent and understand that you can’t live at the school. We only require 6 hours for the first student and 2 hours for each additional student.